Wednesday, March 20, 2008 - 12:11 am

For the weekly challenge on Inkstainers, we were encouraged to try a technique we hadn't done before, and there had to be green on the card. After looking on SplitCoasters, I decided to try "Caught in Crystal" or "Acetate & Tissue" Technique.
Here's the link:

It wasn't as messy, nor as intimidating as the tutorial, although it takes a couple of hours to thoroughly dry. I really like how the pear turned out! I used Adirondack Alcohol Inks instead of re-inkers (Ginger, Meadow, Pesto, Butterscotch), and also PearlEx Gold dust powder on the main part of the pear. (hard to see in my pic!)

This is definitely a technique I will try again!


  1. Your card turned out great! Your work always inspires me. I'll have to give this a technique once we are all settled.

  2. Your card is beautiful Sharon! Nice choice of colors. It's a shame that cameras don't pick up the beauty of pearl ex. I bet it's shimmery in real life.

    I have tried this technique once before and I didn't like it because my inks were too dark. After seeing your card, I'll have to try again with lighter inks.

  3. this card is da bomb! It is absolutely gorgeous!