Saturday, March 29, 2008



Last night we had another 10 cm's of snow. It is pretty out there with the sparkly snow frosting the branches of the pines in the backyard, but I really want spring to come. The crocusii (sp?) are just starting to poke through the soil which is late according to my gardening journal.

This afternoon, I made a card for Inkstainers Weekly Challenge which was hosted by Heather J. and called "Flower Power". The card had to have flowers and some metal (the power) on it.

I used the Daisy Collage from Blockheads and coloured the daisy petals with twinkling H20's for some bling. The green border is a clear stamp from Inkadinkadoo Brenda Walton "Garden Flowers" set. This layer is mounted with foam sticky squares to pop it out. The green layer is PP. I stamped the yellow c/s layer with Brilliance Sunflower Yellow and used the SU Filigree background stamp. Embellies are the gold metal scalloped corners, Prima flowers, and the bumblebee.

I'm liking square cards lately !

2 comments:

  1. Sharon, what a beautiful card. I love the bee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is gorgeous!!!! I love, love, love it!

    No snow here...I think spring has sprung! Now I probably jynxed myself!

    ReplyDelete