Tim Holtz Tags 2015- January

Last night being New Year's Eve, we went out with three other couples for dinner at a nice restaurant, and then to a house party afterwards. It was nice to have a quiet day today! Hubby and I went for a 40 minute walk after lunch, then I came upstairs to my craft  room with a cup of tea.  Noticed Tim had his January tag posted so I followed his instructions on his blog.  Here is my tag:

Click to enlarge

This tag looks simple, but the background technique was like an onion - layers and layers! Didn't take too long though....

Instead of tissue paper I used strips of Tim's tissue tape for the starting point. Distress paints used were Antique Linen, Broken China, Peeled Paint and Brushed Corduroy for the background technique. I also used Brushed Corduroy Distress Marker for the shading under the chitchat stickers rather than Black Soot as it wasn't so harsh. When I brushed the multi-medium over the entire surface, the ink ran onto some of the stickers, but I didn't mind that so much.

The "live, laugh" words are chipboard pieces from my stash that I covered with TH Broken China and Peeled Paint distress daubers, along with Adirondack Gold dauber.  I took the picture in my livingroom and the late afternoon winter sun was streaming through. I think that is why the words and ribbon look more pinkish than gold. Have to remember that for future pictures!

The #5 chipboard piece is covered with Stampendous Frantage Champagne Glass Glitter, edged with a bit of Gold Stickles. I added an acrylic sticker and locket for embellishments, along with acrylic numbers edged with gold paint. Finally, I spritzed the whole tag with Heritage Gold Perfect Pearls spray -there is a hint of glimmer which doesn't show in the pic.  The ribbon is done by Tim's technique with gold distress paint.

Sharon
Jan.1, 2015

Tim Holtz Blog - January 2015 Tag

9 comments:

  1. Love how you created this tag, Sharon. It looks fantastic! The colors are a nice warm tone. The acrylic sticker and charm make a perfect pair. BTW, I am just about ready to send some happy mail to you--just need to add one more finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, I think you tag is lovely! Your tag did like mine, it took on some colors that you didn't except.
    I spent a lot of time on my tag before uploaded it on New Year's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you added the 2, 0 and 1 on your tag. The "live" and "laugh" stickers are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on Tim's Tag Sharon! Love the little circular embellishment on bottom and your background looks fabulous! Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your take on Tim's tag is beautiful! Love the "live" and "laugh" embellishments...perfect for a New Year's tag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't know how I'm missing all these post lol. Beautiful take on the challenge love the blending of colors and the live,love ,laugh is a nice addition

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous take! LOVE the large letters and the font!

    ReplyDelete