Birthday Card for Nephew

My nephew is turning 25 this year on Jan.25th. What a fine young man he has grown into, and has a very responsible job in the tech business that takes him occasionally from Halifax to the big city of New York! Who would have thought that Tommy, who was into competitive go-karting as a young boy, then motorcycles, would be wearing a suit in the Big Apple!  You just never know...

He always enjoys getting my cards. When he was a little boy, he loved doing crafts and knows how much time goes into creating.  I learned today from my sis that Tommy has kept all the birthday and christmas cards I have sent to him over the years. Awww...that made my heart smile!

He likes vintage things, and this old typewriter reflects the way work used to be done, not like computers now-a-days.

Click to enlarge



I used stamps from Crafty Secrets Clear Art Stamps "Office 101".  On a small ledger sheet, I punched holes on the edge to look like a refill sheet, stamped the background images in TH Pumice Stone distress ink, and shaded the edge with Tea Dye distress ink.

The typewriter is embossed with ultra fine black EP, and shaded on the edge with Tea Dye DI, raised up with pop-dots.

Ticket tag is a Tim Holtz stamp. I circled Tommy's birthday date, and numbered it 25.

I downloaded a vintage typewriter keys graphic and printed out the sheet on cardstock on my printer. Then punched out the letters T, O, M with a one-half inch punch. Swiped over the letters with Tea Dye DI, and then covered with Stampin'Up Crystal Effects. They look like stickers.

Background dotted paper was edged with an EK Success punch, and I placed a brad at the top. I thought it resembled a type key.

I'm entering the card into the challenge at "Cards 4 Guzs, Happy Birthday".

Sharon
Jan.13, 2015

Other Challenges:

Party Time Tuesdays - Anything Goes







8 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Sharon! That's so sweet that he keeps all your cards, it's so heart-warming isn't it!!! He is going to love this, what a great theme idea with going old-school! Great idea for the keys to write his name, so authentic looking! It's a vintage masterpiece, I love it!! big hugs until next time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card, Sharon! The way you made it uniquely for your nephew makes it extra special. It is wonderful that he appreciates the time that goes into making something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a great masculine card Sharon love all the detail you've added to make it one of a kind . So clever how you made his name . Love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool card! Love the vintage look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your attention to detail is wonderful. Love all the extras-punch, TOM keys, type-like print. Thank you for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guys Challenge. - Myrna January 2015 Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a fabulous card, love all the details,the typewriter keys, the ledger paper etc, I'm sure your nephew will just love it

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz this week

    Joan,

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great vintage card Sharon, and I love how you included the recipients name.
    Thanks for joining in with C4Gs birthday challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card. The image is good for so many things. It's just adorable and I think I need to get a set like that, you never know when you need to make a male card up. Thanks for joining us over at Party Time Tuesday.
    Love n hugs
    Marie, PTT teamie

    ReplyDelete