Third Week Guest Post - Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #99

This is the third week of my guest designer post on Stamptacular Sunday Challenge. The theme is S.O.S.  "Some One Special". 

I was in Halifax last week visiting my daughter and picked up some new "Crafty Secrets" stamps at Carsand Mosher store called "Seasonal Friends".  I like that the images have a vintage look, and how the verses are wrapped with a banner, although there is a lot of colouring to them and some of the blank space is very tiny for the Copic markers!!!  I had to put on my reading glasses to make sure I didn't go outside the lines with the tip of the Copic.

The paper used on this card is from a 12x12" pad "Life's Journey" by K&Company. I also used a doily edge stamp which is just peeking out from under the scalloped edge sponged with TimHoltz Tea Dye DI on the left side. Some crocheted cotton lace and a flower, along with a Quickutz flourish diecut adds a bit of dimension. I wanted the image to be the main focus on my card.

double click to enlarge image

Check out the lovely projects the Design Team made for this challenge on Stamptacular Sunday blog
.
Sharon
Feb.20, 2011

8 comments:

  1. Sharon this is beautiful . Love the image and the little crocheted flower sure bring out the flowers in the DP. Great coloring too.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is stunning babe, i love the colours you ahve used xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely lovely card Sharon!! So soft and Spring-y which is so wonderful after the 6" of snow we got yesterday! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Love the touch of lace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sharon!

    I just wanted to stop by and tell you that it's been quite a pleasure having you as our Stamptacular Guest Designer for February! Your creations are absolutely AMAZING and it's been an honor to share them with our participants and visitors each week! Hopefully you've enjoyed your time with us too!

    Thank you so much for all your hard work week after week and for blessing our challenge blog with your inspiration and creativity!

    Hope you'll continue to play along with us and join in the challenge fun!

    Hugs,
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so very pretty...I adore the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon ....a beautiful card for your Guest DT position. Its perfect

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Sharon,
    this is a beautiful, sweet card!!! Love the color and the design is so amazing!
    Many Hugs from Marina

    Please visit my first Blog too.
    Bettyscardandpaperdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete