Studio L3 - CCC#30 Altered Metal with Paint

Here is a tag I made tonight for the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge #30 "Altered Metal with Paint" on Page 48 of Tim Holtz' book. I plan on making it into a birthday card for my hubby for June 1st.

On Tuesday when I opened a new can of coffee and removed the inner seal, I said to myself this thin round piece of tin metal should be good for something, instead of throwing it out.  Well today when I was reading Linda's challenge this week at Studio L3, I knew I could use it.  I ran the piece through the TH "Patchwork" embossing folder positioning it to have the king section embossed.  I'm amazed at how it came out.....really cool.

I scanned a picture of my hubby from his highschool yearbook and resized it to fit on Tim's umbrella man stamp, to which I also added an embossed crown and sceptre. The background royalty script paper is from my scrap folder - sorry I can't tell you who makes it.  The ticket stamp is from Stamper's Anonymous "Odds and Ends" Tim's collection.  The clip is TH Ideaology, some acrylic typewriter letters, and gold cord & brown fibres competes the tag.

double click to enlarge picture


I'm also entering this in Gingersnap Creations Challenge #89 "Kings and Queens".

Sharon
Feb.4, 2011

Challenges:

Studio L3 - CCC#30 Altered Metal with Paint

Gingersnap Creations Challenge #89 Kings and Queens

11 comments:

  1. Great tag! Isn't it fun when you can recycle into your art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a great tag, like the embossed metal, its a super tip for the metal you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is an awesome tag . Bet Peter will get a good chuckle out of this . Like how you did the tag
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is is gorgeous and such a clever idea. love the colours too,
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag and love your idea of using this metal. Thank you for playing Kings And Queens at Gingersnaps. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great piece of metal is the top of the Crystal Light packets. Love your tag!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon, I bet your husband is going to be delighted with this wonderful tag when his birthday comes around. This is fabulous!!! What an ingenious use of a coffee can top-- it looks great with the embossing, and you used the CCC technique perfectly. The photo of your man is awesome, and I have no doubt he'll truly feel like a king, knowing you've made something so special for him.

    ReplyDelete