Sisters Tag - Rusted Enamel Technique CCC#31

Over at Studio L3, the Compendium of Curiosities , the challenge this week is "Rusted Enamel" on Page 42 of Tim Holtz' book.

I used the colours of Tumbled Glass, and Dusty Concorde Distress Inks, and inked over the entire tag with Chipped Sapphire once embossed. Hard to get a pic of the gloss, but you can see a bit of it at the right top of the tag. The image is "Time Passages" by B Line Designs stamped with Black Stazon.   I also used some Tim Holtz transparency tape cutting out the section that mentions memories, a border cut from damask patterned paper, letters cut from a magazine, a metal heart tag from the dollar store, fibres, pearl string, and an organza flower that I made using TH Tattered Florals die.



Once I got this posted to my blog and went back and looked at the pic, you might think I can't spell!!! The "I" looks like a "T", but if you double click the pic you can see I do know my letters. LOL!!!  The next time, perhaps I will use a small letter "i" to make it more distinguishable.  I was recently saying to my stamping friend Marilyn how it's funny that a photograph will pick up any little thing you don't actually notice when in the process of creating......

I am sending this to my younger sister for her to use as a bookmark, just to let her know that I'm thinking of her. She has had some health problems recently and is an avid reader, so I'm hoping this will cheer her up.

Sharon
Feb. 8, 2011

Challenges

Studio L3 Compendium of Curiosites #31 - Rusted Enamel

Oldie but a Goodie - Add a Heart (one of my fav older stamps)

Crafty Cardmakers #39 Hearts - (metal heart)

Simon Says - Embossing

14 comments:

  1. Great tag, gorgeous colors amd I'm sure your sister will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Sharon so much detail I had to have a second look . The colors sure blend well together . Great take on the challenge
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Sister will be so happy to receive this tag. Gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tag. Your sister will love it.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon, this is so beautiful! The colors you chose are spectacular, and work so well for the rusted enamel technique. The stamp is so sweet, and the little flower and charm and the strand of pearls accent it wonderfully. I bet you sister is going to love this! I hope her health improves quickly and fully. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon, it is lovely, lucky sister!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful detailed work - love it!
    Thanks for playing along with us at An Oldie But a Goodie this time - hope to see you again.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tag! very vintage, love all the colours on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw nice tag!! I love the ribbon and pearls you used, as well as the different letters!

    Thanks so much for entering the SImon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Oldie But A Goodie challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful and detailed creation

    Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a goodie challenge

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super tag Sharon!
    Thsnk you so much for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers this week!
    Hugs
    Eiglas
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tag is gorgeous Sharon, love the soft tones, the image
    and all the little details.

    The Design Team & I are so pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week,
    Thank you
    HuGs Kim :)

    ReplyDelete