Tim's Twelve Days of Christmas Tags - Day 9

(Click on title of this post to go directly to Tim's blog for Day 9 tag)

For this tag, I stayed with Tim's instructions and didn't try to create a "different take".  Much easier to get them done in a short time,eh?

double click to enlarge pic

close-up of detail

For the background see Tim's instructions for double embossing. I used a Penny Black "Winter Holly" stamp inked with TH Evergreen Bough distress ink, then sponged over with TH Festive Berries, and Brushed Corduroy.

I cut the candle and candlestick using my Cricut from the "Christmas Noel" cartridge. Once the crystal glaze was dry covering the whole candle, I went back and added some more to look like wax dripping.

The verse is from Sizzix Sizzlet #656285 "Merry Christmas"set of three dies. I cut the greenery from several sizzlets dies and Martha Stewart punch. Scrolls are a Quickutz die.

My husband has been following my completion of the tags each day and commented last night that this one looked a bit plainer than the others. I explained that each of Tim's tags was like a mini-class in technique and this one was all about the background. Then he understood!

Sharon
Dec.13/2011

2 comments:

  1. I really like the candle would never guess it wasn't one of Tim's.Like how you added the dripping too. It's is funny how sometimes we think that our hubbies don't notice things !!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag! Love the details of the dripping, too! Sweet flourish and gems! Merry Christmas to you and family...take care!!:-))

    ReplyDelete