Valentine: Digi Image -Girl with Basket, Boingy Hearts, and Matchbox with Acetate Cover

This is a valentine I made for a friend with a free digi image that I coloured with copic markers. I sized the image to fit on Nesties Regular Hearts, then layered that on Nesties Scallopped Hearts. I punched out three tiny hearts and inserted one in the girl's basket - the other two are popped up with pop-dots to look like they are falling from the basket.

Inside, there is a surprise! There are pink and white hearts that go "boing" when you open the card. It was fun to see the expression on my friend's face when she opened it! Kristine, of KL Stampin N Scrappin blog, had a tutorial on how to do the inside spiral pop-up, so I tried it out. It was very easy to follow. Thanks Kristine! Click on the title of this post to go direct to her blog for instructions.

I also made a little matchbox with an acetate cover which holds three chocolate Hersey nuggets to go with the card.

Sharon
Jan. 19/10


2 comments:

  1. I'm the proud friend that received this beautiful valentine card . I love it and the inside was such a surprise when I opened it. As an extra bonus there was the matchbox with the Hersey nuggets. Thank you so much friend.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, how sweet and even better to see Marilyn's comment above telling you how much she appreciated it. I can tell a whole lotta love went into this lovely card and treats. So glad you enjoyed Kristine's tutorial, too! :) She is an awesome part of our design team! Hope you stop by again to see more great things from the girls at KL Stampin N Scrappin

    Hugs, Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete