Couple of Cards

I haven't posted in a while. Here are two cards I made recently.

My neighbour's husband passed away on the weekend, so I had a sympathy card to make which I always find difficult, especially a masculine one. For the background I embossed the Inkadinkadoo tree image with black EP, then sponged over with distress inks to create the grass and sunset sky. Added some gold corner stickers, and popped up the layer with foam tape. Embossed the verse at the bottom with black detail EP and added some gold string.  Simple, but I hope it's suitable.

The other card is created with found items from my stash box. The Stampin' Up label layer was created some time ago to use up distress inks left on my silicone mat from doing a Tim's tag.  I have a bag of them cut with ivory and white cardstock, so I just grabbed one and swiped it over the inks. Who knows when it might come in handy?  Well, it did for this card!  I also found the larger brown flower (TH Tattered Floral die) to which I added another smaller diecut daisy flower. The verse is embossed with copper EP. The blue border is also a diecut from my stash.  I cut another layer from dotted Bo Bunny paper and did the corners with a decorative corner punch. Added some gingham ribbon at the top of flower, and edged cream base with TH Honey.  This card made up quickly because of all the found items and I will send it to a friend for her birthday in April.

click to enlarge

Sharon
March 31/2015

4 comments:

  1. Really like both cards each one is so different . I just sold my stamp set with that tree now that I see what you did with it I want it back .Never thought of using it for a sympathy card. The sponged background is so serene and really goes nicely with the tree .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Sharon! Your friend will love her birthday card. I love the stamp on the sympathy card and the sky background you created. Very pretty and sure to be appreciated by your neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Sharon, both so beautiful and yet completely different with themes and styles! Just shows how versatile you are! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete