Birthday Card

I made this birthday card for a friend who has her own line of cream made from beeswax and, naturally, she loves bees!



On the bee background paper, I used a hexagon stencil and lightly sponged TH Wild Honey to faintly resemble honeycomb. On the bottom I used an EK Success border punch. This is layered on a gold dotted black layer.

I used a new Cuttlebug die by Anna Griffin "Flourish Medallion" (bottom layer), and a Spellbinders die "Opulent Ovals"  to create the top layer which is popped up with foam tape. I cut another centre layer in cream cardstock which I sponged on the edge with TH Wild Honey. The verse, embossed in fine black EP, is from a set of Just Rite stamps " Botanical Butterflies", and the little bee is an embellishment from my stash. The dotted flight path stamp is one I've had for a long time - can't say who makes it.

I created the flower from a Joy Crafts daisy die, sponged with TH Wild Honey, a gold brad and a little stickles glitter in the centre. This is mounted on a gold thread/jute string bow.

That's all for today. Thanks for stopping by!

Sharon
March 13, 2015

Challenges



7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Sharon! I love that sweet little bee and the gold bow. I'm sure your friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect card for your dear friend. I never thought bees could look so cute. Gorgeous.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Sharon! Love the colours you chose, so perfect for the theme! That frame is so fancy, just a stunning way to showcase your sentiment and that sweet little bee! Well done! happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card like how you sponged the honeycomb stencil on the background . The bee is so cute and really looks like it's in flight . Loving the flower layered on the twine bow too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty! Love all the layers and the bumble bee buzzin' about! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! please feel free to visit my blog: http://cupcakescreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very pretty! I love that little bumblebee! Thank you so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! Love the paper! Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete