Deck the Halls

I got a new poinsetta die by Memory Box a few weeks ago. I like how it layers and has the embossed "ribs" on both the flower leaves and green leaves giving the layers some dimension. I stamped red bazill paper with a music stamp before die-cutting. Sponged Aged Mahogany on the edges of the petals, and Tea Dye on the leaves.
The centre piece is also part of the die set which I cut out of shiny gold paper.

The verse is from a mini set of 3 clear cling stamps by Inkadinkadoo "Winter Expressions" #60-30282 and is stamped with SU Forest Foliage ink; embossed with clear EP; sponged with Festive Berries and Tea Dye DI. The tag is a die by Just Rite"Vintage labels".  Holly paper is from my scrap stash. I added red Stickles glitter to all the holly berries for bling, and a bit of ribbon.

I made three in no time and it's fairly flat for easy mailing. I realize that it's the same sketch as the Cottage Cutz card; however, this is my "go to" design for quick cards!

click to enlarge pic
 
 

Sharon
Dec.21/2012

ABC Challenge - "D" for Deck the Halls

3 comments:

  1. Very beautiful card, I love that flower and the papers! Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon,
    This looks lovely. Such a elegant card & I love the poinsetta. Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge. Best Wishes for a Happy New Year.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete