Twinkling Leaves -Nature's Glory

Well, last night I had yet another night where I woke up at 2:30am and couldn't get back to sleep. Those pesky hormones! I decided to get up and stamp, instead of looking at the clock or counting sheep.

I cut out leaves using the Cuttlebug leaf die on orange, rust and creamy caramel cardstock. Then I coloured them using Twinkling H20's. They are so pretty in real life! On the mustard layer, I randomly stamped leaves using Tim Holtz distress inks, Tea Dye and Marmalade. I wanted the leaves to be subtle and Timmy's ink fades a bit into the cardstock when dry. Then I sponged all around the outside edges of the layers and did "faux stitching. The "nature's glory" stamp on the Spellbinders tag is an UM from Blockheadstamps that I got on a Thanksgiving theme sheet a few years ago. This was my first time using it and I felt it described the leaves perfectly! It's stamped a little bit wonky on the tag, but I guess that is what happens when you work in the early hours! LOL! The dotted, embossed angle border is a Martha Stewart punch.

Sharon


1 comment:

  1. What beautiful fall card Love those leaves you did a great job blending the colors.

    ReplyDelete