Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2008 - 9:58 am

Yesterday I drove to Antigonish to meet Marilyn from Port Hawkesbury for lunch. We also went to a new scrapbooking store, and did some shopping in downtown Antigonish. We both spent way more than we planned, but that's half the fun! LOL! Lots of new goodies to play with.

I was very tired when I arrived home at 5:00, picked up Penny at the doggy day care, made supper for Peter, then crashed at 7:30. Well, wouldn't you know it, I was wide awake at 2:30 am! No sense staying in bed. I got up, made a cup of tea, read Inkstainers, and made a card. The template was in the March issue of Paper Crafters.
The card pulls up using the ribbon tab at the top to reveal a little chick inside.




I used Twinkling H20's to "wash" over some of the areas on the egg which doesn't show in the pic (the pink section at top, the lime green in the middle, and the thin blue stripe at the bottom). I also used Liquid Pearls in blue and gold to add some accents to the egg. The yellow dotted patterned paper is from Stampin'Up's new 6x6 paper pack with 60 double-sided sheets that is a Hostess Level One gift.

I'm happy with how the card turned out, although the brads won't stay in the square position when you open the card! Just mentioning this in case you think I put them on crooked. LOL!

5 comments:

  1. Your Easter card is so adorable Sharon! I really like the way the card pulls up! Was that idea in the Papercraft magazine or did you find it elsewhere?

    Carol Hinton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Easter card is really adorable Sharon! It's so neat how the top of the card pulls up. Where did you find that idea? Was in the PaperCraft magazine or did you find it elsewhere?

    Carol Hinton

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the staples. They are different. Thanks for showing me how they worked without the stapler. I have looked and looked at those.

    Also your card is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! That is a great Easter card. I'm glad you and Marily could connect for a fun day of shopping :)

    ReplyDelete