Valentine Tag


I have a friend in Windsor, Nova Scotia who is an avid reader and she likes to use my tags for bookmarks. She also likes vintage things and writes/types poetry, so I thought this antique typewriter die by Tim Holtz would be "right up her alley"! I didn't use too many embellishments because if the tag is too thick it won't stay in the book properly.

click to enlarge




The background is a Cuttlebug embossing folder "Fantasy Floral" done on red Bazzill paper. On the raised areas I sponged over with Tim Holtz Fired Brick ink, then a spritz of Heritage Gold Perfect Pearls spray. 

The typewriter is cut out of black TH Coredination kraft paper, and the edges sanded. I used a fine watercolour brush to colour the gold areas with distress paint. I also put a very thin line of foam tape under the keys to pop them up a bit giving extra dimension to the typewriter.  The little verse tag is one I had in my paper stash - I just sponged some Antique Linen distress ink around the edge to age.

I used one of Tim's chit chat kraft stickers, and acrylic facet to make the tag at the top. Added some red rickrak ribbon, and also another sticker at the bottom, along with a couple of heart gems.

Nova Scotia is having another winter storm... 25 to 40 cm's expected. I just got in from shovelling and it is already knee deep, heavy wet snow.  My husband is away to a curling bonspeil until Sunday, so I'm going to have to clear it all myself.  Not looking forward to tomorrow when the plow goes by and puts it all back in front of the driveway!

Sharon 
Jan.29, 2016

Simon Says Work it Wednesday  -Something New: Tim Holtz typewriter mini die



6 comments:

  1. Wonderful tag, Sharon. Love those details. The snow you're getting sounds like what we had last weekend but our's wasn't the wet type, thank goodness, so it made it easier to shovel. Of course, the same problem with the plows pushing it all back up again! Let me also say "Happy Birthday" a bit early--I hope what I sent makes it in time for the occasion. Hope you have a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the birthday wishes Patty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet valentine tag like how you popped up,the keys on the typewriter .

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Sharon! I love the idea of using a tag for a bookmark (although I don't think any of mine would fit inside a book) lol. Great design, the typewriter is such a perfect image for a bookmark, how clever!!

    Is it wrong that I'm jealous of all your snow? I'm still looking at the bloomin' grass up here in Canada...what's that about! haha. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm late on this tag, but I want to say that using that typewriter is so inspiring! I have that die and never use it--I don't think I ever did! This is a great idea to make a tag for a bookmark.

    I was reading about your snow, and the fact that your hubby was away. If it snowed like that here, everything would be shut down for a month! Even if it melted the next day! Which it would...we have 4 seasons within a week here! I miss the snow! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara: There have been 3 major storms every weekend since I made this bookmark tag, and it is snowing again today. The snowbanks are so high, they are hard to see around when pulling into an intersection. We live in the Northern part of Nova Scotia, so generally we get a lot more snow than Halifax. I like winter & snow but am getting a little tired of the shovelling!

      Delete