Christmas card for my nephew

My nephew, who is now 24, always expects a handmade Christmas card each year. You see when he was much younger, he used to enjoy stamping with me - he had quite a creative side and would make a card for his mom, while I was working on whatever.  So he appreciates the work that goes into them.

Last year I bought Tim Holtz' Christmas word background stamp on sale after the holiday, and this year got the coordinating embossing folder.

click to enlarge picture



I inked the stamp with TH Festive Berries and Pine Needles distress ink, stamped on printed seasonal paper by Bo Bunny, then aligned the stamped words in the embossing folder and ran it through  my Sizzix Vintage machine.  I touched up the raised parts with a bit more ink using a TH blender foam and handle.

The santa is a TH cling stamp coloured with copic markers, Stickles "Star Dust" glitter for dimension, and TH Tea Dye distress ink around the edges. It is popped up with foam tape.

The santa's list is from a vintage set of 9 tiny cards by October Afternoon ("Very Merry Wild Cards" #DC-128) I've had in my stash for a couple of years.   Added some Tea Dye ink around the edges to age, and a red brad to hold in place. 

A Christmas star tied with coloured string finishes the embellishment.

Sharon
Dec. 15, 2013

Challenge: Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - #54 Happy Holidays



2 comments: