Another Valentine

Here is another valentine  -this one "shabby chic" style for my friend Wendy. I had a nice visit and cup of tea yesterday with her.

The heart verse is a new cling by Stampendous. I also stamped along the bottom edge of the heart with a "grunge" style  stamp; cut out with spellbinders die; sponged with TH Fired Brick and Tea Dye distress inks; finally spritzed with Tattered Angels Irridescent Gold spray.  I also cut out a scalloped layer of red organza to place on top of the red card stock. It gives the heart a nice shimmery finish on the scallop edging. A heart "bling" stone is attached to the bottom.

The beige rectangle layer is a die cut;  however, I stamped it with a Tim Holtz postcard cling stamp on the right side and sponged with Vintage Photo. Attached vintage lace to the bottom and added two tiny silk roses tied with sheer ribbon.

The background papers I had in my stash are distressed, sponged with distress ink, then I machine stitched around the edge.
click to enlarge pic

Sharon
Jan.30/2013

Fashionable Stamping Challenge #40 - Show some Love

Simon Says Challenge - Anything  Goes

8 comments:

  1. What a fabulous project Sharon. I just love the colours, the pretty lace and the heart gem and red flower are a perfect touch. Thanks for sharing some love at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this week.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, Sharon! My favorite style of card. I love the post card look of the diecut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is gorgeous your friend will love it . So much detail and texture . You need to give me some of your inspiration !

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! The lace is a perfect touch!


    Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great combination of stamps and a lovely vintage look x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful, I love the use of colour and the vintage design is gorgeous.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

    luv

    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Sharon, love the vintage look with the stamps you've used and the addition of the red layer is a great touch.
    Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete