There's no limit to how many items you can link. Link parties are all about linking. So visit a few of the other links to discover new friends and link, link, link. This is FREE advertising for your projects!
I decided to sponsor my Easter Wall Hanging that I recently created for the Easter challenge at Let's Ink It Up. This was the first time I had made something from wood, paper, stamping and Cricut, and was very pleased with how it came out (tooting my horn... wink!)
|double click to enlarge image|
|close-up of bunny|
|close-up of basket|
|close-up of crackle|
For those of you that have already seen my project at Let's Ink It Up, this part might be boring to read. I put the wrong link in at Passionately Artistic and can't seem to delete it. So I'm copying and pasting on how I created my wall hanging. Here goes:
For my project, I have seen lots of art canvases on blogs. I figured it couldn't be too difficult...just like card making, only on a bigger scale! However, I decided to use a piece of 8"x 10" MDF board (manufactured fibreboard wood) to create my Easter wall hanging.
The background -I painted the entire surface of the wood with Tim Holtz White Distress Crackle Paint. After the paint dried and the crackle formed, I sponged randomly these colours of Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Tea Dye, Antique Linen, Fired Brick, and Tumbled Glass over the entire surface. The routered edge of the board is painted with Egyptian gold acrylic paint. I also stamped an easter script stamp in Tea Dye (Serendipity Stamps #702HCL Judy's Easter Basket - set of three stamps) on "thirds" of the board . I covered the middle section with a strip of easter egg paper, cutting and pasting some of the eggs to give the paper added dimension.
I stamped the easter basket, from the same set as mentioned above, coloured with Copics, applied Crystal Glaze and stickles on the eggs, fussy cut it out, sponged Tea Dye on the edges and mounted it on the board with pop-dots. The "grass" at the bottom of the basket is a lacey branch punch by Martha Stewart.
The bunny was cut on my Cricut from the Easter cartridge in a brown patterned paper. I sponged white craft ink and Tea Dye & Brushed Corduroy Distress Inks on the body to give it dimension, stamped a scroll stamp on the bunny's back, added the pink gingham ribbon, and created the tail using gathered crocheted lace & a pearl.
Near the basket, I cut a flourish from a Quickutz die and added the butterfly (Martha Stewart punch), highlited with stickles and pearls.The border on the bottom is also a Martha Stewart punch.
For the banner title, I punched scalloped circles from K&Co paper, sponged with Tea Dye, Tumbled Glass and a touch of Fired Brick distress inks. The letters were cut on my Cricut with the Plantin cartridge and sponged with Tea Dye DI.
All in all, this project took a few days to complete, but I'm very happy with how it turned out! I have it hanging in my front porch.