Quick card for Brother

My brother's birthday snuck up on me and I made a quick card to get in the mail, so it would reach him on time.


I used my Cricut Expression to cut a pick-up truck from the "Just Because Cartridge" and tire tread from "Dude" cartridge. The truck is red Bazzill edged with Tim Holtz Aged Mahogany distress ink popped up with foam dots; fenders, door handle and bumper are silver mirror cardstock; Using my craft knife, I cut out the window and put in a piece of acrylic to look like glass. I used a woodgrain stamp to stamp the boards & sponged the edges with TH Tea Dye, then stamped "Happy" and "Birthday" on little tags placed in the bed of the truck.

The circle verse "Picking up Some Wishes for You!" (the pick-up is hauling wishes) I created using MS Word with Word Art program, punched out with a Marvy punch . Tea Dye was also sponged around the edge. The design echoes that of the tires.

Papers are by 7 Gypsies- Zanzibar 8x8" pad. Faux stitching around the edge.

Challenge

Cooking with Cricut -Funny Quote, Saying or Pun



Sharon
March 30/2011

10 comments:

  1. What a cute card! Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is a neat card love how you did the woodgrain .Sure your brother will love it .
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card. Very clever.
    Saw it on Cookin' with Cricut.
    Happy crafting,
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super cute and clever card! I love it! Thank you for playing with us at CWC! Melin...CookingWithCricut.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there just wanted to let you know I've awarded you the Liebster Award and would for you to drop by and pick it up . You do such nice work and always inspiring .
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sharon!
    girl this is adorable, love all the little details you added and that sentiment going around and around is perfect!

    -- dalis
    CWC DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. For a quick card it sure is cute!! Great job and thanks for joining on the challenge over at Cooking with Cricut this week!
    ~ Nicole CWC DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. How clever and punny! I like it and so will your brother. TFS and thanks for joining us this week at Cooking With Cricut:)
    ~Madison CWCDT funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, Sharon! I love how the background paper looks like tire treads, too. And the shiny bumpers are great! Thanks for taking time to join us at Cooking With Cricut this week.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team
    www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I love the details on this truck awesome!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at cooking with cricut.
    Hugs,
    Raven

    ReplyDelete